Beverly Hills Eyebrow and Forehead Lift Surgeons – Doctors Mayer and Fleming
Over the years, Doctors Fleming and Mayer have established a reputation as the most accomplished Beverly Hills brow lift surgeons. By gently lifting the brows, they provide patients seeking a forehead lift with results that are truly remarkable yet look completely natural. Please explore the information below to learn more about various forms of brow lift surgery and to find out if you are a candidate for these procedures.
Many patients complain of a tired or sad appearance. For most of these patients, this occurs because their brows and forehead have dropped due to the natural aging process resulting in a hooded, full, heavy look which makes the eyes look smaller. Forehead grooves and frown lines accentuate the problem by making a person appear angry or fatigued. In some young patients the low eyebrow position is simply an inherited characteristic.
These patients need a forehead or brow lift, to correct brow position and improve their appearance. A brow lift often kills two birds with one stone. It not only improves brow position but also improves the drooping of the upper eyelids. (Some brow lift patients may also need to remove excess skin in the upper eyelids.) In patients with good brow position removal of only excess skin of the upper eyelids will provide the ideal result. Click here to learn more about eyelid surgery. However, in patients with low eyebrows, the best results would be achieved by elevating the brow position with or without removal of excess upper eyelid skin.
Types of Forehead and Brow Lifts:
- Eyebrow or Mid-Forehead Approach – Incisions are made just above the eyebrow or in a natural crease in the forehead. We rarely recommend this procedure for our patients because this technique does not address the issue of removing excess skin and the incisions can be conspicuous.
- Endoscopic – The brows are raised through small incisions in the scalp just behind the hairline. This works best in patients with low hairlines and mild brow droop. For patients with more extensive aging and excess skin, this procedure gives less favorable results because you can not remove the excess skin, which most patients need, but simply shifts that skin towards the back of the head. Therefore, the hairline is raised even more than with other approaches.
- Coronal – A long incision is made within the scalp behind the hairline. The hairline is raised with this procedure, so we rarely perform this surgery, and only on women with a very low hairline.
- The ENDOTINE Forehead/Browlift – This technique offers a novel solution designed specifically for elevating the forehead tissue in brow lift surgery. Through small scalp incisions the Endotine device is placed under the skin to maintain elevation of the forehead tissue. This creates a more even and gentle distribution of the forehead lift. The result is a rested, relaxed and natural appearance, not a “surprised” look. The incision is concealed within the hairline and women can wear their hair in any style they want following their procedure. However, this procedure also raises the hairline.
- Hairline – The incision is made in the hairline. For women who have a high hairline, or those with hairlines in the correct position, we developed a procedure to camouflage the incision at the hairline. After the brow and forehead are elevated, hair follicles are buried deep under to the skin incision. These follicles produce hair which grows through and in front of the incision to hide it, so patients have total freedom of hairstyling. We therefore maintain the hairline in its correct location, or lower it for those with high hairlines. We developed this procedure because the majority of women who need a browlift, do not want to raise their hairline. This technique also allows us to lower the hairline for women who have a high hairline, whether or not we lift their brows. For more information on hairline lowering, please visit our Hairline Lowering section.
For male brow lift patients with a full head of hair, and without recessions, we can apply the same principles as we do for our female patients. However, we must consider the possible progression of male pattern baldness when necessary. Therefore, the forehead lift is often combined with hair replacement surgery.
We can perform the forehead or eyebrow lift at the same time as eyelid surgery, depending upon the needs of the patient. Postoperatively the patient will wear a dressing for one day. This procedure may cause temporary swelling and bruising around the eyes. There may be a temporary loss of sensation in the scalp, but this resolves with time.
Before and After Photos
Click here to see before and after photos of patients who have undergone a brow lift in Beverly Hills: Eyebrow / Forehead Lift Photos